G(od)mail - The long arm of the Lord
0 Comments Published by rizumu on Friday, July 13, 2007 at 10:02 AM.
I found a really encouraging email this morning and this is indeed such an abundant blessing. Knowing a little from quick catch up with CK over msn yesterday, who had just returned from South Africa. He was there for a month for holiday plus conducting drama workshops at churches there. I look forward to his story telling experience in that effort. Considering no email and phone with status check at 400 emails to date since a month away. Such surrendering to the Lord. haha. I would never be able to pull that through - zero internet connection. zero mobile contact.
Nonetheless, CK mentioned of great news to share and indeed it was. Below is the excerpt of the email which I felt best captured the amazing-ness of God and His faithfulness. Time and time again, I am so thankful for that the time in FP and the work that has come out of it. And to know further, during this year of 'rest' - God is still working greatly in the lives of others where I have personally ventured to other areas and serve in other ministries.
In all His ways, I was also very much blessed by the friendships found and relationships built from that ministry, and in that aspect is already a great reward in itself. To find people who can run the race with you. My shape and mould was contributed by the grinding and binding of those relationships. And that they taught me how to appreciate the word and work of the Lord.
Truly, truly - God is SO MUCH bigger than us.
***
Anyway, while I was conducting workshops in South Africa, 3 of my students expressed how they had been blessed by "Runaway Bride". I thought they watched it in Malaysia at the conference, but then they told me they had watched it on DVD! Their pastor (senior pastor's wife) had a copy, ordered from CDFM! When I asked the pastor if I could take a look at the DVD, she was surprised that I didn't have a copy of my own. When I explained to her the issues, she just said, "Don't worry; I'll make you your own copy tomorrow!"I got my copy and offered to screen it for the other students in my class and anyone else who wanted to watch it, during one of the free slots.
About 30 people turned up to watch it. It was quite surreal watching you guys performing in South Africa "via satellite", I tell you! :)Anyway, the next day, Hanlie, one of the students in my class, a lady in her late 30s, came to speak to me. She told me how she had watched the play and had enjoyed it. But on the way home, her mind began to be drawn back to what she had watched, and suddenly she found herself weeping "for myself and for my church". She had to pull the car aside because of her tears, and just come to the Lord in prayer. She asked me to convey her thanks to all of you for your efforts and the message of RB. (It was also a very strong affirmation to her of the power of drama to communicate God's truths.)
I was just so moved at how God was still using our message way across the world in South Africa a whole year after we'd finished with RB, and how blissfully ignorant you guys all probably were that you were still "performing" and God's Spirit was still moving.
Isn't God great?!!!
Soon Wei, a couple of people particularly shared with me that your AIDS guy in "The Untouchables" spoke especially to them. AIDS is such an epidemic in Africa and the church has to face up to the challenges it presents. Who would have thought, eh?I hope this bit of news will be an encouragement to you as it was to me, and that you will together join with me in praising God for his good work!See you all at the WHT reunion next week!
***
If you want to know more about Runaway Bride itself, find it here. Or you can join me when the dvd comes, I would like to see it from the other side of the fence for once :)
Thank you, Abba Father. For using me in ways for your Kingdom.
I look forward to 2008.
Exalt the Lord our God, and worship at His footstool ~ Psalm 99:5
Whoever said you can't get no blood diamonds in Africa? This is definitely one gem of remembrance!
Nonetheless, CK mentioned of great news to share and indeed it was. Below is the excerpt of the email which I felt best captured the amazing-ness of God and His faithfulness. Time and time again, I am so thankful for that the time in FP and the work that has come out of it. And to know further, during this year of 'rest' - God is still working greatly in the lives of others where I have personally ventured to other areas and serve in other ministries.
In all His ways, I was also very much blessed by the friendships found and relationships built from that ministry, and in that aspect is already a great reward in itself. To find people who can run the race with you. My shape and mould was contributed by the grinding and binding of those relationships. And that they taught me how to appreciate the word and work of the Lord.
Truly, truly - God is SO MUCH bigger than us.
***
Anyway, while I was conducting workshops in South Africa, 3 of my students expressed how they had been blessed by "Runaway Bride". I thought they watched it in Malaysia at the conference, but then they told me they had watched it on DVD! Their pastor (senior pastor's wife) had a copy, ordered from CDFM! When I asked the pastor if I could take a look at the DVD, she was surprised that I didn't have a copy of my own. When I explained to her the issues, she just said, "Don't worry; I'll make you your own copy tomorrow!"I got my copy and offered to screen it for the other students in my class and anyone else who wanted to watch it, during one of the free slots.
About 30 people turned up to watch it. It was quite surreal watching you guys performing in South Africa "via satellite", I tell you! :)Anyway, the next day, Hanlie, one of the students in my class, a lady in her late 30s, came to speak to me. She told me how she had watched the play and had enjoyed it. But on the way home, her mind began to be drawn back to what she had watched, and suddenly she found herself weeping "for myself and for my church". She had to pull the car aside because of her tears, and just come to the Lord in prayer. She asked me to convey her thanks to all of you for your efforts and the message of RB. (It was also a very strong affirmation to her of the power of drama to communicate God's truths.)
I was just so moved at how God was still using our message way across the world in South Africa a whole year after we'd finished with RB, and how blissfully ignorant you guys all probably were that you were still "performing" and God's Spirit was still moving.
Isn't God great?!!!
Soon Wei, a couple of people particularly shared with me that your AIDS guy in "The Untouchables" spoke especially to them. AIDS is such an epidemic in Africa and the church has to face up to the challenges it presents. Who would have thought, eh?I hope this bit of news will be an encouragement to you as it was to me, and that you will together join with me in praising God for his good work!See you all at the WHT reunion next week!
***
If you want to know more about Runaway Bride itself, find it here. Or you can join me when the dvd comes, I would like to see it from the other side of the fence for once :)
Thank you, Abba Father. For using me in ways for your Kingdom.
I look forward to 2008.
Exalt the Lord our God, and worship at His footstool ~ Psalm 99:5
Whoever said you can't get no blood diamonds in Africa? This is definitely one gem of remembrance!

0 Responses to “G(od)mail - The long arm of the Lord”
Post a Comment